Google has spent 15 years developing and optimizing one of the world’s fastest and most high-performance cloud platforms. Now Google Cloud operates worldwide and consists of 29 cloud regions.
What is GCP
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) includes numerous computing services that run from the cloud. The platform is based on Google’s infrastructure, which the company uses in all its internal tools. It is used to store large amounts of data, do calculations, do analytics, and do machine learning.
Google Cloud is categorized as IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), where customers can create, test, and run their applications on powerful and productive virtual machines. Google guarantees customers the smooth operation of the platform and refunds payments if the agreement is violated. Customers need a checking account or credit card to gain access.
The cloud platform contains a wide variety of tools and services for data storage:
- Google App Engine. It is a website and application hosting service that the company first introduced back in 2008. It supports Python, Java, and other programming languages and can be a task scheduler. People can test the primary resources in a free trial.
- Compute Engine. It is a service created based on the Google infrastructure. It allows users to rent computing environments and create and run virtual machines. People can store data in non-constant and permanent disks, where all information is encrypted. Virtual machines are managed via consoles.
- Big Query. It is a tool from the Google Big Data set, which has become widespread among users. This cloud service is designed to store and analyze large amounts of data. It allows users to import files, integrate data with various software, and share information with third parties. They can also create and run machine learning models. Each user has 10 GB of cloud space at their disposal.
- Cloud Storage. This cloud hosting allows users to save files up to 5 TB in size and assign a unique key to each of them. It serves to optimize the data.
- Kubernetes Engine. It is a portable, open-source platform with a large ecosystem. It is used to deploy and manage containerized applications. The system supports hardware virtualization.
- Datastore. It is a scalable database service for mobile applications.
Google Cloud Platform offers over 100 different services.
Google Cloud Platform has many undeniable advantages distinguishing the service from similar products. The list of them includes:
- High performance and solid global infrastructure.
- Intelligent systems for data processing and analysis that offer both quick insights and deep, comprehensive analytics.
- The best open-source tools and a wide range of services allow users to work with large amounts of data.
- Reliable, fast, and secure data services that help users create databases, maintain them and manage enterprise data.
- A wide variety of services related to machine learning and highly organized artificial intelligence that people can use to analyze texts and images, develop dialog-based applications, and translate anything into different languages.
- The ability to create business applications without having programming skills.
Google Cloud Platform creates a positive environment for companies that need more resources to store data and perform calculations and need tools to develop applications.