The introduction of information technologies into everyday human life is, for example, satellite communications. It allows us to use one or more repeaters that provide high-quality and long-range transmission.
Modern transponders are divided into a few categories:
- passive ones, which were originally used as a link between a subscriber and a station that is on Earth. These transponders didn’t amplify the signal, they converted it, but lately, they don’t use it anymore;
- active ones that amplify the signal as well as correct it before sending it. To date, most satellite systems are operated by such repeaters.
How satellite communications were developed
The development of satellite communications began with the launch of the first passive transponder into space. This event took place in August 1960. After many years, the basic standards for satellite communications have emerged too, which modern people use all over the world.
Over the years, the quality of communication via satellites has greatly improved. By using mobile ground stations, subscribers can easily receive and send quality signals at any time of the day, regardless of where the satellite is.
There are several types of satellite communications:
- mobile, which experts call as the basis of telephony and radio broadcasting;
- trunking that initially helped to transmit massive amounts of data, but in the modern world, fibre-optic networks replaced this device;
- VSAT is a compact system with antennas no larger than two and a half meters in diameter. This technology is a tool for the successful operation of private communication channels;
- Internet connection.
In the modern world, planet Earth is surrounded by a multitude of satellites that provide a continuous exchange of information between different people and devices. Because of the very broad coverage of this type of communication, the ability to make calls from the remotest places in the world has changed from fiction to reality.
Satellite Internet helps us to access the Internet even in places where electricity only exists through special generators.
In simple terms, this type of communication consists of three elements:
As a transmitter, a person can use a variety of devices such as antennas, cell phones or computing machines. The relay is a satellite. It receives a signal from a station or other device located on Earth and transmits it to the visible area in broadcast mode.
Thanks to modern Internet signal transfer technologies, users can start a simple Android app download, even if they are on the other side of the planet. They can freely access a variety of unlimited programs for film viewing, reading or dating. There are and more specialized applications. Bobby Approved is among them. With this tool, you can scan bar codes that are printed on product packages and get detailed information about them.